8 hours of in-person Classroom Management focused training 24 hours of self-paced online professional development
What exactly will be learned in the ProSubs Skillful Teaching Course
A full day of in-person training that focuses on Classroom Management - the #1 concern for substitute teachers. The face to face training reinforces the concepts learned in Module 2 of the ProSubs Skillful Course. Participants will also receive full access to 24 hours of self-paced online learning. Course certification is provided at the completion of the online course hours.
This course is for anyone who wants to: 1) gain initial substitute teacher certification, 2) learn additional skills as a new substitute teacher or, 3) continue building skills as an experienced substitute teacher.
Module 1 Establishing Professionalism
*Standard levels of professionalism in education
* Simple practices to put in place that naturally communicate professionalism to districts and schools * Covers the topics of confidentiality, special populations, board policies, and emergency situations * What unprofessional booby traps to avoid * How to maintain objectivity and control in any situation
Module 3 Instructional Strategies
* Developing a teaching toolkit of over 20 instructional strategies that consistently work * Knowing what to do in individual, small group, and whole classroom settings for the best instructional outcome * Confidently make an instructional plan regardless of the quality of the lesson plans left for you * Recognizing when learning is not taking place and knowing what to do next
Module 2 Classroom Management
* The typical developmental stages and behaviors of elementary, middle, and high school grade levels
* How to best motivate students at each stage for optimal learning
* How to gain and keep attention and engagement in every lesson * What to do when students decide to ‘test’ your ability to manage the classroom by misbehaving * Recognizing when misbehavior requires discipline and how to act on it
Module 4 Classroom Technology
* Introducing the most common technology encountered in the classroom
* Showcasing some quick and easy online tools anyone can learn on their own to incorporate in the classroom
* Sharing best practices to reduce the struggle of managing off task student behavior while using technology during class * Learning best practices for how to conduct an engaging virtual lesson.
Who is the ProSubs Skillful Teaching Course for?
Gain More Certified
Цена 500 Руб
Increase your current Professional Substitute Teaching pool with skilled new candidates
This short video is a special message from Chantell briefly explaining the Purpose and Overview of the course, including why she created it and wrote her book "I'm a Professional Substitute Teacher ...Now What?". A short description of the content in each Module gives you a preview of what you will be learning.
The weekly calls serve as an additional opportunity for learning and connection with a community of ProSubs across the nation.