3 Days of in-person professional development Access to 24 hours of online content
What exactly will be learned in the ProSubs Skillful Teaching Course
In Person Training
A full day of training that focuses on Classroom Management - the #1 concern for substitute teachers. A full day of training that focuses on Instructional Strategies - effectively deliver lesson plans. A full day of training that focuses on Profesionalism and Technology - builds professional confidence & tech skills.
The face to face training reinforces the concepts learned in the individual Modules of the ProSubs Skillful Course. Participants receive full access to 24 hours of self-paced online content to review what was learned and access resources. Course completion certification is provided at the end of the in-person training days.
This course is for Professional Substitute Teachers who wants to: 1) gain initial substitute teacher certification, 2) learn additional skills as a new substitute teacher or, 3) continue building skills as an experienced substitute teacher.
Module 1 Establishing Professionalism
*Standard levels of professionalism in education
* Simple practices to put in place that naturally communicate professionalism to districts and schools * Covers the topics of confidentiality, special populations, board policies, and emergency situations * What unprofessional booby traps to avoid * How to maintain objectivity and control in any situation
Module 3 Instructional Strategies
* Developing a teaching toolkit of over 20 instructional strategies that consistently work * Knowing what to do in individual, small group, and whole classroom settings for the best instructional outcome * Confidently make an instructional plan regardless of the quality of the lesson plans left for you * Recognizing when learning is not taking place and knowing what to do next
Module 2 Classroom Management
* The typical developmental stages and behaviors of elementary, middle, and high school grade levels
* How to best motivate students at each stage for optimal learning
* How to gain and keep attention and engagement in every lesson * What to do when students decide to ‘test’ your ability to manage the classroom by misbehaving * Recognizing when misbehavior requires discipline and how to act on it
Module 4 Classroom Technology
* Introducing the most common technology encountered in the classroom
* Showcasing some quick and easy online tools anyone can learn on their own to incorporate in the classroom
* Sharing best practices to reduce the struggle of managing off task student behavior while using technology during class * Learning best practices for how to conduct an engaging virtual lesson.
Let's Connect - Schedule a call below
A Special Message from Chantell
This short video is a special message from Chantell briefly explaining the Purpose and Overview of the course, including why she created it and wrote her book "I'm a Professional Substitute Teacher ...Now What?". A short description of the content in each Module gives a preview of what participants will be learning.